Our purpose is to raise the profile of young carers to create communities whereby young carers, their families and others are comfortable and confident to speak out about this social issue.
We strive to ensure that through this;
- We create an understanding and awareness of young carers, their families, illnesses (with a particular focus on mental health illnesses) and disabilities.
- Challenge and diminish the stigma, discrimination and prejudice perceptions attached to being a young carer, having an illness and/or disability.
- Young carers and their families are identified and better supported.
- We work to develop young carers emotional resilience and raise their aspirations.
- Academic establishments and professionals are better equipped to identify and support young carers